1.31.2011

My Big Girl Bed

Today is delivery day for my "Big Girl Bed" (king size!). This beautiful piece of furniture is the Bedford Sleigh Bed from the Aspen line. I am so attracted to the scrolls on the headboard, and I can't wait to have it to finish off our master bedroom!

After years of setting my phone, books, magazines, etc, on the floor, we are finally getting nightstands! They have a built in nightlight and a breakfast tray.
 The dresser has a built-in jewelry box in one of the drawers, and are all cedar lined.
A bedroom set is one of the biggest investments you should make in your home. Although you need to pay for quality, there are simple ways to make the most of your investment.

First, compare prices. I found this set for 65% less than what I originally saw it for in my local furniture store. In addition, I asked the salesman to work with me on the pricing, and got and extra 5% off. If you would prefer to buy it at a specific store out of loyalty, get a quote from another store in writing, and any store will honor it.

Second, don't be afraid to ask for free delivery! This is the easiest money you'll ever save, because most stores are more than willing to offer free delivery to ensure a sale. Remember-it never hurts to ask!

This may seem like a lot of work to shop around, but remember grandpa's old saying, "A penny saved is a penny earned"? When was the last time someone paid you $3670 to shop? Exactly.

1 comment:

  1. Is there any further reading you would recommend on this?

    Amela
    Office Furniture Bedford

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It