1.20.2011

How to Make a Wreath

I've been on the hunt for quite some time for a beautiful spring wreath. I had such specific visions of what this wreath would look like, I decided to make it myself!
I found this wooden wreath at the dollar store! Good start! Then I found these hydrangea plants at the dollar store. With this much material for a total of $9, I couldn't not make it....

Start your wreath by placing a rough draft of which flowers you would like and where you like them. Leave the bunches all intact, stems on, until you get a rough idea of the look you want.
If you buy a silk bunch of flowers from the craft store or anywhere, the heads of each stem just pop right off. Use these heads to get the precise placement of all your flowers.
Place a small amount(about the size of a pea) of hot glue on the end of the stem of the flowers, and place them on the wreath. Hold for 5 seconds, and dot an extra bit a glue around the stem to secure it further.
Start with your largest flowers(hydrangeas and/or peonies work great) and work down to your smallest. It may sometimes be easier to cover the whole wreath with your large flowers and insert your smaller ones into the full space.
Make the look more modern by adding unexpected elements such as branches or feathers.
 Make the look more country by adding fruit!
 Work bit by bit around the circle until the whole wreath is covered.

 Wreath: $1
Flowers: $9
Total Cost of the Exact Wreath I had Envisioned: $10 :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It