1.03.2011

Current Obsession: Ebelskivers

I received an ebelskiver pan for Christmas this year, and couldn't wait to try it!! As a lifetime lover of all things pancakes, I just knew these Danish Ebelskiver Pancakes would be my new favorite thing!
Ebelskivers
2 C buttermilk
2 C flour
3 eggs, separated
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tbs. sugar
1/2 tbs. filling of your choice!


Beat egg yolks. Add sugar, salt and buttermilk. Then add soda and baking powder. Fold in beaten egg whites. Grease Ebelskiver pan with butter and place about 1 tablespoon of ebelskiver batter into each depression. Place 1/2 tablespoon filling on top in the center, and cover with additional ebelskiver batter until the filling is completely covered. The edges will start to bubble when it's ready to flip, similar to a lat pancake. Use 2 forks or ebilskiver tongs to flip.


 I started with a batch of cheese and onions. YUM! This was mys husband's favorite, but I HAD to keep experimenting!



 Second, I added 1 tablespoon of blackberry jam to the middle, and topped with blackberry syrup and whipped cream.
Lastly, I filled them with 1 tablespoon Nutella and topped with chocolate drizzle and whipped cream. YUM!!!!!


   These Ebelskivers will definitely become a Christmas tradition in my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It