1.26.2011

Craigslist Find- Bassett Bookcase

Did I mention I love Craigslist? That's an understatement. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Craigslist! Last weekend I saw this bookcase and fell in LOVE... The piece was from Bassett furniture, and the man selling it thinks his wife paid about $1,000 for it. Well, I'm pretty sure his wife was pulling the wool over his eyes, because anything similar would run about $3-4,000 at Bassett. He was asking $275 for it, but knowing me... I gave him $150 and not only did he deliver it to my door, but he carried it into the room for me!!

 I found a gorgeous model for this next picture.... ;) Just kidding, it's my husband.
 We moved the compass to the window and it looks really neat as you drive up! I pulled an ottoman from one of the bedrooms to cover a little of our cheap ikea desk we are still looking replace...but as long as we have one beautiful piece of furniture in the office, the rest can wait!





4 comments:

  1. You're too young to have old people things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I feel like I know this anonymous person...Show yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha PahlowFebruary 22, 2011

    How do you manage to keep your office so clean??? I have paperwork and mail everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha-

    Keep a file cabinet in your office with a tab for everything(Taxes, car info, insurance, pay stubs etc.) When you are finished looking at them, file or recycle them immediately. That way you won't get them mixed up with incoming "to dos". For those things that just need to be out in the open, get a box large enough to hold an 11" by 14" document, and put pending materials there. They make neat boxes now that look like old fashioned books! Check Michaels Craft Store for a great selection.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It