10.04.2010

"THE one"

I'm a bargain hunter at its best. I have a number of things in my house and wardrobe that were cheaper than my morning latte or FREE. Yes, FREE. How? Coupons and dealin'! You'd be surprised how much you can get for free! More on that later...

I am, however, a firm believer in that when you find "THE one", it is worth the money. "The one" is the first thing you see when you walk into a room. The one where your guests leave and they are still talking about a week later. The one that you just can't stop staring at. You can bargain your way through decorating your whole house, but you can't pass up "THE one". For me, this is it.


It's exactly the look I wanted, exactly the size I needed, and it changed the whole vibe of the room. It transformed a work-in-progress to a final masterpiece in its hour-long installation. While my husband watches TV, I watch the furniture.


If you look closely, you can spot "THE one" in any room. If you can't put your finger on why you like the space, look for the true element that makes the room. If you remove this element from the room, the whole room changes. Some are obvious, others not so obvious. Whatever you do, don't compromise when it comes to "The one".

The sofa

The ottoman

The Fireplace

The drapes

The sectional

The end tables

Do you think the chairs? Nope! The drapes :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It