10.12.2010

Ghoul's Night!

I just love a simple, fun, girly party! For this "Ghoul's Night" event, use pink satin fabric, glittery skulls and festive drinks to make the party come alive. I have used these dollar store glitter skulls for so many things already! The trick for inexpensive decorations is repurposing things you already have. Use your summer hurricane lanterns to cage in a skeleton and skull, floating it with the stick of a toothpick. I made this mirrored cake plate for my wedding and have used it for almost every party I've had.

 
Print off labels of "poison", "warning", "beware", and "caution" on regular paper and attached them to the glass with a piece of double-sided tape. The labels come off perfectly clean at the end of the night.

Fill the glasses with drinks the color of your theme, and make sure you have a drink for everyone-warm, cold, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. I had Cosmos, sparkling fruit juice, wine and apple cider.
Create a simple caramel apple bar that will be the center of attention. Mix 2 bags of caramels with 4 tablespoons of water into a fondue pot. Set out various toppings for them to decorate their own. I set out chopped peanuts, milk chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Make sure and leave paper plates and plenty of napkins at this station!
 Use blue corn chips instead of white or yellow to go with the gothic feel of the party. It's the small details like this that really help pull everything together, and make it look like you spent a lot more time on it than you really did!
 Find out how I made these wine labels by clicking here. :)
I love the decorations that are in between cutesy and scary- just classy.
Place a variety of pink candies around the tables for people to snack on while they make their rounds. They create great conversation starters!

To be honest, I ran out of candy dishes and found this wonderful martini alternative that turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the party!
 
Give guests just a little something to top off the evening. For this event, I gave away pink ribbon lolly pops for breast cancer awareness as party favors with a friendly reminder-Check early and check often!
 






Inspiration for this event came from this picture at Evite.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It