8.04.2010

"Raspberry Garden" Baby Shower


I love fruit themes for showers. Peaches and Cream, Strawberries, watermelon..... For this baby shower, I went with a "raspberry garden" theme. I found this real moss table runner at a craft store, and set the cupcakes directly on it. I used heather in a raspberry color and put them in different vases I had around the house. One is actually a kleenex holder upside-down! The other was a Goodwill purchase :). Using plants is a good way to get maximum impact for a minimal price. They are often less expensive and have more blooms than bouquets. These heather plants were $3 each, and I planted them in my garden when I was done!
I used chocolate cupcakes to make the red raspberry color really pop.
My 4 layer raspberry jello cake was the hit of the party. This is my favorite recipe passed down from my mother. We used to make this cake every Valentine's Day in a heart-shaped pan. It's super easy, and super delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Useful information on baby shower. I am looking for an elegant event venue for arranging my son’s birthday party next month. Searched online and came to know about few venues. Planning to book one of best and right venue for this occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It