8.19.2010

Mirror, Mirror

 
Neiman Marcus
My favorite design element of all is the timeless mirror. I love wall mirrors, floor mirrors, antique mirrors- but above all, I have an obsession for mirrored furniture! It just brings an elegance that doesn't come with any other finish. It can be traditional or contemporary, casual or formal (Of course I go more toward the formal side, but that's just me).

The biggest mistake made with mirrors is the placement, which dictates what the mirror reflects. Being that mirrored furniture sits on the floor, place a simplistic rug in front of it for an even reflection across the piece. This will accentuate it, not overpower it. Just remember, mirrors are used to amplify your current design, so mirrored furniture is best used with more simplistic design schemes and solid or monotone patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It