9.09.2012

Gluten Free Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cake

I am so happy Fall is in the air! Cinnamon candles, Starbucks salted caramel mochas and pumpkin EVERYTHING! Or as we say in my household, "Punkin". When I realized I could combine 2 of my favorite things-salted caramel and pumpkin, I was in Heaven! Pumpkin cake with buttercream frosting and salted caramel drizzle..... Ugh! Now clean up your drool and start baking! This is the first gluten-free, dairy-free thing I have ever made where I had multiple people without dietary restrictions have asked for the recipe!


Gluten-Free Cake:
1 1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1/3 cup Tapioca Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Nutmeg

1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1 1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs or egg replacement
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1/3 Cup Water
3/4 tsp Vanilla

(For the "Glutenous Maximus" version of this recipe, replace brown rice and tapioca flours with 1 2/3 cups all purpose white flour.)

Frosting:
1/4 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread, softened
2 tsp Hazelnut Milk
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2/3 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar

Caramel Drizzle
6 Tbs Dark Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Water
2 Tbs Earth Balance Buttery Spread
1/2 tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients for cake and bake for about 35 minutes or until it bounces back when you press the top.
Frost with the frosting, drizzle with the drizzle and top with rock sea salt! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It