5.29.2012

Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes


Ummm, so strawberries were on sale.....
My husband takes things very literally. When I asked him for some lotion at Victoria's Secret for my birthday when we first started dating, he bought me an entire sample pack with about 5 pounds of lotion, the matching body sprays, and one large of each of his favorites. Needless to say, we've been together 8 years and I still have an entire drawer of lotion. I digress. So I asked him for strawberries yesterday, and I got about 32 million pounds. Strawberry cupcakes anyone?


Ever read something that rings so true you want to tattoo it on your arm?


Start by making cupcakes from the box. Butter recipe is still my favorite! Put about 5 large strawberries in a blender and pulse 3 times, or until straberries are chunky. Mix strawberry pulp into batter and continue to bake folling instructions on the box.


Frost using my favorite frosting recipe!
3-3/4 cup (l lb. box) Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup butter (2/3 stick), softened
1/4 tsp. salt


 Dip a few of the strawberries in Nutella, and place on the top of the frosted cupcakes! Are you drooling yet?

 Place sliced strawberries spuratically on top and leave some plain. Garnish all with white or green pearl sprinkles for a touch of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It