8.23.2011

Strawberry Salad

I recently took a vacation with a group of good friends to Lake Shasta, California. We stayed on a houseboat with roughly 20 people coming and going, and let me tell you, keeping food in stock was a challenge. I was in charge of dinner 2 nights in a row with my great friend, Melissa. We had a menu to stick to, but half the things needed for the dinner on the menu were already eaten! We had to get creative..... You know how they say necessity is the mother of invention? Well necessity is the mother of a REALLY good salad dressing!
Dressing:
1 Tablespoon Strawberry Jam
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Salad:
4 Cups Mixed Green Lettuce
1/4 Cup Sliced Strawberries
3 Tablespoons Gorgonzola Cheese
3 Tablespoons Chopped Walnuts or Hazelnuts

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I actually had a salad with the same ingredients (substituting gorgonzola with feta) for lunch and now I wish I had that dressing! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It