8.16.2011

Fresh Cut Color

There are few things I love more in life than a giant bouquet of fresh cut flowers. Last year, I planted colorful perennials on my side yard JUST for cutting, and this year am SO enjoying the results!!
Would you believe these hydrangeas are 4 WEEKS OLD???? A little tip for cutting hydrangeas: Fill your vase with HOT water-Yes I said hot! Submerge the stem and cut them at a severe angle while they are immersed in the water. Leave them overnight in the hot water and they should last for weeks. When they start to wilt, refill the vase with hot water and repeat the same cutting process.
 Add fragrant flowers such as lavender to your bouquets for a long lasting scent.
                 
 Designer's tip: take hydrangea flower and poke roses right through it to make just a few flowers look like a whole bouquet!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Hydrangeas! So jealous that you have a yard to grow them! Nice job on all the floral arrangements :) And I agree, can't go wrong with a bouquet of fresh cut flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It