11.11.2010

Pumpkin Mousse Cups

YUM.

I found these Wilton dessert shell molds at JoAnns, and with my handy dandy 50% off coupon, I just had to try them. For $1.50 for the mold, and $1.50 for the chocolate, you can't go wrong!
 I started by following the directions on the package: Fill 1/3 of the mold with melted chocolate and place cover on until the chololate seeps up to the top. Refrigerate until the bottom looks frosty. Well, we all know I'm impatient, so I put it in the freezer for 5 minutes and it worked just fine! I then removed the top and popped the shells right out! Sounds easy, right?
Not so much... I got a little heavy on the chocolate and had to cut off the access....
Then I pulled a little too hard.... DANG!
But I thought, "I'm not going to worry about it!"
As my husband says, "If all the ingredients taste good, it has to be good!"
So I sprinkled some crushed Heath bar in the cups to make up for the look. You can find the crushed Heath pieces right next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle.
I then filled the dessert cups with pre-made pumpkin mousse-you can find these during the holidays with the refrigerated desserts, or you could always make your own! I used a pastry bag to fill them, but I think spooning the mousse in would work just as well.
Then I remembered I had already bought mini dessert shells as well, so I brought those out too for some variety!
I finished off by drizzling the top with the remaining melted chocolate and topping the finished dessert cups with extra crushed Heath pieces.
And NOBODY noticed I broke some of the shells ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It