3.25.2011

Current Obsession: Candice Olson Design

 My celebrity crush? Definitely Candice Olson. I know, I know, that's not exactly how a celebrity crush is supposed to work, but if I had to choose one person to live with, it would be her! I am absolutely in love with her style, use of color and pattern, and the way she somehow makes every room seem light, airy and homey. The best part is, we have the exact same style, so we use a ton of the same pieces, materials and ideas.
 She uses cool baby blues in almost all of her work, mixed with taupe to give it a fresh, sophisticated style.
 This black walled room is strikingly similar to how I decorated my first home. White couch, same pillows, and metallic accents.

 I love her use of mirrors, lighting and even water in a lot of her designs.
 I just bought a mirror similar to the one in the dining room to the right. I'm pretty sure only Candice can pull off using two completely different coffee tables right next to each other!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It