7.29.2010

Design your Mood


Think back to a time when you were most happy. Was it when you were a kid, sitting on your grandmother’s sofa, eating homemade candies from a glass dish? Was it a family vacation to the Bahamas? Now take that memory, and dissect it into what made you feel so happy, so relaxed. Think of the sounds, smells, colors, the textures and how they felt on your skin. Now why not create that incredible atmosphere in your own home? I’m not talking about sticking your grandmother’s Waverly wallpaper on your walls or throwing sand on your living room floor, but taking the elements of memory and recreating them in your own space.
Let’s start with the example of a great beach vacation. Imagine the bright blue sky, blue/green ocean water and velvety white sand. Mother Nature uses every color, yet never clashes. This look is so easily achieved with light, sky blue walls, velvety white textiles and blue/green watery silks. Add in natural elements such as birch, wicker and straw, and you’ll have an elegant, beachy room that will take you back to your favorite moments every time you enter the room, no matter where you live. Now if we could only see Mother Nature’s closet…


HGTV Can't Miss Color Trends


































I love how the subtle, shimmering fabrics in this room give it a feeling sunshine glistening off the water, and the painting gives you an understated glimpse of an ocean skyline.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea,
    I love your blog and your ideas! I love to decorate and entertain as well! I am wanting to make a headboard like the one in this picture for my guest room. Do you know how to do the metal (nail heads)?
    Thanks,
    Nikki Castillo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki! I do know how to do the nailhead trim! I'll work on posting directions in the next couple months. I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It