2.09.2011

Cottage Guest Room


It's important to have a consistent style, but that doesn't mean your whole house has to look the same. Change it up, but be sure to keep a base of similar elements. These elements can be a color, a natural stone or wood, or a metal. In my own home, my consistent element is mirror. I have at least one mirrored piece in every room. This element gives me the wiggle room to play with different styles, from cottage to contemporary, to get the overall look and feel I am looking for. This cottage room started with an antique wing back chair, passed down through my husband's family. I tied it in with several elements found throughout my house, starting with a mirror-framed painting.

This sconce has a mirrored backing and works to tie in wrought iron and black as well.


 Glass elements mimic the reflection of mirror and make the room feel larger.
 Chrome works perfectly as a mirrored element.
 I printed baby pictures of my husband to hang in the room for a homey feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It