12.22.2010

Perfect Your Potluck!

I hosted our neighborhood holiday potluck this year. Instead of turning it down with my crazy holiday schedule, I decided to challenge myself to throw the easiest party that anyone could throw together in 15 minutes or less!
I started with a piece of taupe satin fabric, purchased at JoAnn's. I've found that fabric is SO much less expensive than a table cloth, and you can always find exactly the right color! If you don't sew, hem the edges with no-sew fabric glue and fold the seam twice.
Place cake plates sporadically to give different heights to the food when it comes. Place the food brought on paper plates right on top of these plates for a more formal look.

Make sure you have plenty of extra ice on hand for guests to put in their drinks.
Combine festive holiday decor with food (real or faux).


Avoid the question "Where should I put this?" by placing a few stagers where you would like everything-like this wine bottle with the grapes and corks.
Display your glasses on a tray or platform with a background to make even your everyday glassware a piece of art.


Party Supplies:
Fabric tablecloth: $4
Ice: $1
Plastic utensils: $2
Paper plates & napkins: $2

Total cost of party: $9
Total setup time: 13 minutes
Gotta love potlucks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

1.
Pin It